Monday 1 July 2013

Happy Canada Day

The Salmon Day Festival in my community Steveston is the kick off to the summer. I am proud to be Canadian, although this has been tempered by actions by the Conservative government of Stephen Harper. I worry that Canada's reputation has taken a hit with pulling out of international agreements on the environment, promotion of the tar sands in Alberta and the Keystone pipeline proposal, muzzling of scientists, cutting funding to much needed programs and labeling of environmentalists as "radical"

Are we radical if we care about the air
we breathe, water we drink and food we eat?
picture source: David Suzuki Foundation

I hope to do my part to make Canada a peaceful home to all. It is even more important now to walk the walk and live as I believe. 

Salmon Day Festival parade in Steveston for Canada Day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment