Friday 30 November 2012

{this moment}: My Macca Moment


{this moment} - Inspired by Amanda Blake Soule, one of my favourite authors who blogs at http://www.soulemama.typepad.com/  

"A Friday ritual. A single photo... capturing a moment from the week. A simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment I want to pause, savor and remember."

Unlike Amanda, this week mine will have words. I can't help myself. 

I am a lifelong Beatles fan. I was raised on their music by a Beatles-loving mother. Forty-eight years ago the Beatles played a show at Empire Stadium in Vancouver and my mother was there. Last Sunday my husband and I went to Paul McCartney's show at BC Place Stadium in Vancouver. It was epic, amazing, everything I wanted it to be an more. It was a show of a lifetime for me. The feelings of peace and love were strong that night.



4 comments:

  1. WOOHOO! how exciting! what an amazing moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness! That had to be flipping unbelievable....so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to keep pinching myself that I was dancing along to the real Sir Paul all three hours straight that he played.

      Delete